Lake Mat Material
Excessive weed growth makes water activities less enjoyable.
Slimy, snake-like, weed tendrils brushing against your body feel icky when you are swimming or wading in your lake. Standing on the lake bottom with slime oozing between your toes and up your ankles doesn’t add to a fun vacation. These lake weeds can get caught in your fishing line or the propeller of your motorboat.
Why Worry About Lake Weeds?
If you bought lakefront property to enjoy the view and water sports, lake weeds and vegetation can spoil all that. It’s little wonder that lakefront property owners will go to great expense to eliminate aquatic weeds and vegetation.
LakeMats offer fast and inexpensive tools for getting rid of lake weeds.
What is a Lake Mat?
Lake Mats, as the name suggests, are special covers for the lakeshore or boatlift.
They are placed on the lake bottom to prevent the growth of lake weeds or aquatic weeds.
They block the sunlight preventing photosynthesis from occurring. Thus, these plants won’t grow. Moreover, existing plants will also die.
Ideally, the lake bottom is fairly firm and contains only a few inches of mud or muck. Lake mats are best placed in areas where there is not a lot of foot traffic.
Large mats are twelve and a half feet by twenty feet. Extra-large mats are twelve and a half feet by thirty feet.
Mats can be laid beside one another. They can also be moved from place to place. They can be left in the lake or pulled out for winter.
Lake Mat Materials
LakeMats are made of special, patented, gas-permeable material.
Often called benthic mats, these structures are a bottom screen held down by weights.
LakeMat frames are covered with dark fabric that blocks the sun from the lake weeds.
Advantages of Installing a LakeMat
- LakeMats require no special tools or expertise to install. They are maintenance-free once laid.
- LakeMats provide a long-term solution to getting rid of lake weeds.
- LakeMats improve water quality.
- No chemicals, bacteria, or herbicides are used to kill the weeds.
- The weeds do not need to be pulled or disposed of.
- LakeMats are relatively inexpensive.
- LakeMats don’t hurt fish and animals in and around the lake.
- With LakeMats, you can create a beach.
- LakeMats kill weeds only in your targeted area.
- LakeMats are guaranteed to be effective. Lake mats do exactly what the manufacturer claims.
- LakeMats come with a money-back guarantee.
- Others in your lake area will not be disturbed by your lake mats. Since LakeMats are restricted to the area where you put them, they do not infringe on other lake areas. They also don’t look unsightly or make noises that would disturb your neighbors.
- The process requires no power source. Thus, it is economical and environmentally friendly.
- LakeMats nurture lake health by maintaining the water’s oxygen.
Disadvantages of a Lake Mat
While lake mats do wonders with killing aquatic weeds, they have some shortcomings:
- Lake mats don’t treat entire lakes. They are intended for individual owners’ lake areas and beaches. Lake mats give lakeside dwellers areas free of lake-bottom weeds. Their owners can wade in the water, swim, and dock their boats.
- If the entire lake is infested with weeds, it may have to be treated with weed control chemicals.
- If the lake is choked with weeds, it may take a long time to correct the problem. Lak mats won’t do this.
- Lake mats will fix an individual owner’s lakefront but not a whole lake.
- Lake mats don’t remove muck from the bottom of the lake. Even if they could muck from the rest of the lake would only settle in, pushed by the water. Lakes constantly fill back in. Lake mats are like big snowshoes, tramping out lake weeds.
- Muck-eating bacteria eat dead leaves, weeds, and other animal waste. Over half of the material is mud. Nothing eats it. Lake mats and bacteria don’t get rid of the lake muck.
- Lake mats don’t eliminate floating algae. You have to use copper sulfate for that. However, they will curb underwater algae.
- Lake mats won’t rebuild beaches. However, rather than truck sand in for a private beach area, you can use lake mats to encourage sand buildup in your lakefront area. This is a lot less expensive than a beach restoration.
Lake Mats are intended to stop lake weeds from getting sunlight.
Thus, they stop their growth. Made of a gas-permeable fabric, lake mats are easily anchored on the lake bottom. Lake mats work best when the lake bottom is firm bottom and there are only a few inches of muck accumulated there.
Goodbye to Muck LakeMats offer an effective, inexpensive, long-term solution to lake weeds. In fact, a Goodbye to Muck LakeMat is cheaper than an annual supply of chemicals and it will last for years.
Once Goodbye to Muck LakeMats are installed, they are labor-free. Raking, adding chemicals, and mechanical removal of lake weeds is much more work.
Goodbye to Muck LakeMats will control and eliminate lake weeds anywhere you place them. You can add additional mats or move the existing ones to where the need is greater. You can attach several LakeMats together or install them individually.
Goodbye to Muck LakeMats are effective with eliminating any type of lake weeds—even lily pads.
LakeMats are made of durable lake mat materials. You may move them from one area to another without fear of damaging them. You can also leave them in the lake during the winter months. Goodbye to Muck lake mats can withstand severe weather conditions.
When you install Goodbye to Muck lake mats, there are no chemicals or herbicides involved. Because they do not require electricity or have sharp edges, lake mats are safe for fish and other lake life.
Because Goodbye to Muck offers a three-year guarantee, you are free to return the LakeMats if they don’t get rid of and prevent aquatic weeds in your lake. You will get a full refund.
You have nothing to lose!